Monday, July 27, 2009

53 hours...

It's amazing how much getting ready for this trip is reminding me of my childhood. Yesterday I talked about burnt cookies. This morning, I went to make the kids some breakfast and found that we are out of milk. Awesome! I can make up some of the powered milk that I have in the cupboard and use that! Sweet.

I made up the milk and tasted it. It was like going on a trip in a time machine. Here's a confession-- when I was little, I used to climb under Jen's crib, steal her bottle, and drink the whole thing. For some reason, Mom only used powdered skim milk in bottles, so tasting the stuff this morning was like sucking on that bottle.

I once took Kristin's bottle, but I didn't drink it. No, instead I sprayed it into her hair and pretended to "style" it. Did you know that when milk dries it has better hold than any gel I've found to date? Boy, I got in trouble for that.

Wait, is that Babs I hear?

1 comment:

  1. eek, 53 hours! wish we would have known about your blog earlier, but it is still fun reading about what you guys have been doing. any last minute advice for us? we leave friday night at 7:30. good luck with your flight over!

    ReplyDelete