Friday, July 17, 2009

It Was Us!

Got word this morning why there is a delay in our work permits. As I said in my previous post, I've provided every document requested of me. The problem is that more documentation is needed! Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa!

Stress. That is what is created when the first thing I see in the morning is an email from Taiwan. We are 12 days from leaving. I just spoke with TECO and our visitor visas and passports should be in the mail either today or Monday. Hopefully I will have them by Thursday, July 23rd.

Packing. I have packed two bags. The first is our winter clothes (jeans, sweaters, long sleeve shirts). The second is our work clothes. After all of that packing, I'm beginning to realize that we really don't have much.

I made the kids pick out seven outfits. I have packed all of their other clothes. This has been especially difficult with Lizzie, considering that she will wear seven different outfits in one day. I wish I knew my Mom's secret in making us wear only one. I don't remember how she did it, but I KNOW we were not allowed to change as much as my daughter does. It gives new meaning to that song line, "You \ change your mind \ like a girl \ changes clothes".

Because we are unsure of our living arrangement when we arrive to Taiwan, we have purchased some small items just to have... forks, spoons, knives, plastic cups, plates and bowls. We have also got new towels and have decided on sheets. Taiwan is not like Georgia, we can get what we need there at Costco, Ikea or Carrefores. But I don't want to get there and not have a clean towel. Oh, and we bought some toilet paper to take with us. Better to be safe than sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment